Do You Need To Modify Your Child Custody Rights?

Are you seeking a modification to your parental rights, parenting time or the decision-making power you share with your children's other parent? When parenting time is being set in a divorce or in a standalone legal proceeding, the court tries to craft an agreement that will work for everyone involved. No one benefits from a plan that is shortsighted.

Times and circumstances change and a parenting time agreement that was a perfect fit may no longer fit your circumstances.

When it serves the best interests of the child, the court is able to grant modifications regarding:

  • Parenting time – Parents have a set schedule for spending time with their children. There are many issues that can cause a change in parenting time, such as the child being more than 14 years old and asking for the change, drug or alcohol abuse on the part of a parent, and domestic violence.
  • Decision-making – Frequently, parents share the right to make decisions regarding the child's upbringing. Courts, however, can reconsider this arrangement if it serves the best interests of the child, and take decision-making power away from a parent.

More Than A Century Of Combined Experience

At Cooper, Tanis & Armas, P.C., our firm understands the difficult position parents can find themselves in when they need to pursue a modification of their parenting time or decision-making power or when they need to object to any possible modification. With more than 100 years of combined experience, we can help you fight for the outcome you need. Whether that is a modification or the maintenance of the current situation, we can help.

Modification Lawyers Serving Broomfield, Colorado, And The Surrounding Areas

If you need to modify or object to the modification of a parenting time agreement, turn to Cooper, Tanis & Armas, P.C., for representation that can truly help you. To schedule a free 20-minute telephone consultation, call 720-399-0421 or contact us online.